The IPRC is recruiting for the 2014 Zine Library Advisory Board! The Zine LAB is essential to supporting the expansion of the zine library's programs and collection. The members come from diverse backgrounds but are all passionate about zines and the IPRC's library. We've had high school students, librarians, programmers, and fundraising professionals serve on Zine LAB.
2014 is shaping up to be the most exciting year ever for the IPRC Zine Library!
Here's just a sample of what's happening this year:
- The release of the world's first-ever online game for zine cataloguing! (March!)
- The second annual Raiders of the Lost Archives 24 Zine Cataloguing Extravaganza (March 22-23rd, mark your calendars!)
- Our first annual library membership drive
- A major fundraising effort including "Golden Library Card" holders
- Membership in the American Library Association
- A partnership with 2 local high schools to provide cataloguing experience
- The establishment of a structured work-study program for library students
Commitment for the Zine LAB will be one 2-hour meeting a month for all of 2014, with a possibility for subcommittee (fundraising, outreach, or events) meetings if you volunteer yourself for those.
If you're not up for monthly meetings but would be interested in volunteering with the library as an event volunteer, cataloguer, shelf reader, monthly display volunteer, please fill out this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Will you volunteer?
Like this to spread the word: